29 March 2024

Good Friday - Early morning local road ride - Burnhope & Pontop Pike Transmitters

 


Today I was up and out early on the Creo 1 road bike for a local loop. I did not have long as Angus was coming around to give me hand sorting out our lofts and fitting another 200mm of insulation. I would have rather been out on my bike, awful job but have been putting it off for years. Arran did five tips runs in his car with rubbish that we have been hoarding for far too long. 
Anyway back to the ride. I was on the roads by 6.30am and they were lovely and quiet with it being a bank holiday. We had heavy overnight rain so they were wet with some puddles in places. The road surfaces are not getting any better and would hate to be riding a road bike with anything less than 30-32mm tyres now a days. It was one of my regular local loops taking in Beamish and the transmitters at Pontop Pike, Burnhope and the one above Witton Gilbert. The sun was lovely but still a very cold wind with the Garmin reading just over 3 degrees to start with. It clouded over when I reached Burnhope but come back out again. By the time I got back home the Garmin had gone up to nearly 9 degrees. I had only one close'ish pass with the roads starting to get busy at the end. All in 32.5 miles in 2hrs 15mins with 2400ft of climbing, I felt tired for the whole distance so had no push on! Enjoy the few snaps, coupe of short video clips and route map below. Hopefully more soon but back in my second loft tomorrow! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment