31 May 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - ParkTool THH-1 T Handled Hex Driver Set

Well I am a sucker for shiny new tools! I mean just how many hex keys does a person need. I have more sets of keys than you could shake a stick at. I seen this new set in some press reports from bike shows along with some other new ParkTool tools being released.
I already have two sets of T handled keys but only have the long part with the allen end and a handle. I liked the look of the spinner section and the extractor end. The only thing that was putting me off was there was no ball ends, but I have plenty other sets inc my super luxury Silca set which have ball ends on.
Once they landed in the uk I placed an order with Sigma Sports who were showing stock. They are arrived after a delay in the post and I soon had them unwrapped and the bracket fixed to the wall and the keys hang nicely on the bracket at a angle.
I have been using the set on a near daily basis since opening them up. I have been pottering on with bike repairs, tweaking, swapping parts on numerous bikes over the last two months and the feel of the keys in your hand is good. The spinner section on the long shaft works well and makes threading and unthreading long bolts a dream. I tend to find the spinner works easier on the larger keys compared to the smaller ones. The quality of the hex ends looks and feels like good quality but only time will tell if they start to round off. I must admit the quality is not up there compared to the Silca HX-ONE Home essential kit. The keys also feel very light in your hand when in use. The top t bar is sliding so can be used as an L shape. One part that I have not tested and hopefully will not need to use too often is the ‘strip gripper’ end.
ParkTool also make the same set but with Torx ends. I don't use Torx keys very often and have plenty other Torx keys to suit all occasions to date.
RRP £110.00 and I paid £110.00 inc p&p Sigma Sports.

Manufacturers blurb - Designed and built specifically for a wide variety of bicycle hex work, the THH-1 is a set of eight common sizes of professional quality T-Handle hex wrenches made for speed, efficiency, leverage and a perfect fit. Soon to become your favorite hex set, the THH-1 includes a handy tool holder that mounts to any vertical surface, including pegboard and solid surfaces (fasteners not included).



  • Carefully selected combination of Chrome Vanadium and S-2 tool steels
  • 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10mm hex wrenches included
  • Unique anodized aluminium Speed Spinner makes running long bolts in and out quick and effortless
  • Machined, chamfered tips allow easier insertion into hex fittings
  • Integrated “Strip-Gripper” twisted hex that makes removal of most bolts with stripped or oversized hexes fast and easy
  • Sliding T-handle creates increased leverage and multiple access positions
  • Tool holder is included with the set and mounts to any wall, bench or tool box, perfectly positioning each wrench for easy access and storage




























  • No comments:

    Post a Comment