27 May 2020

Local road ride inc most of the Durham Beast Route

I had a day off from exercise yesterday to give my legs a rest from the 10+ mile hike on Bank Holiday Monday! Today though the temperature was forecasted to be cooler and cloudier so I decided to take the Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 out for a local spin. I had a rough route / loop in mind but that soon went out the window when I was about 4 miles into the ride. I picked up the old Durham Beast Ride route and thought well I might as well say on this for a while. Well a while turned out to be the turning circle at the top of  Tow Law. To everyone who has ridden the Beast Route you know just how hilly it is with very little in the way of flat. I had a head wind nearly all the way out which did not help but the sun was out, in, out, in every few minutes. Once I reached Tow Law I did my own route back to the Stonebridge. I have put a photo on of the route in which I covered 46.50miles with just under 5000ft of climbing in 3hours 17mins. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -



My new Sidi Shot road shoes trail ride, spot on



There was a lot of litter scattered around the verges today, takeaways back open again!
























DCC chipping season soon, starting to stock pile the two sizes of road chippings.









 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment