19 May 2020

Very warm loop down to Durham,etc n back. **KIELDER BACK OPEN**


Todays ride was a rather warm one to say the least. The day started off cloudy / overcast but the sun did come out so I popped out for a short ride down to Durham, Maiden Castle, Houghall Woods, Trod, back to Durham then home via Frankland / The Sands. The streets were very quiet and so were the tracks. The Garmin reached nearly 19 degrees at one point during the ride! That will dry the over night rain away. All in just under 16 miles in 1hr 14 mins with 800ft of climbing.
Some other good news is that Forestry of England are reopening Kielder Forest as of tomorrow Wed 20th May 2020. Below is an official map of the car parks which are reopening. The toilets are also going to be open but the café and bike shop at the Castle end are closed.
MORE INFO HERE
 
I forgot my camera on todays ride so there is only one snap - the bike being recharged when I got back home. Also my order of Finish Line lube had landed when I was out, more bottles for the stock cupboard!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment