17 May 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - KMC E11 EPT Chain (11 speed E Bikes)

I bough two of these KMC e11 EPT chains a while ago when they were on special offer with Rutland Cycles. With the lockdown I was catching up with jobs that I had been left on the bikes so decided to replace the chain on the older Cube e mtb. In the last two Fresh Goods Sunday I have gone through how I replaced the front cog as when I fitted this new chain it was suffering from chain suck on the front ring. The rivets in the chain are way beefier than a normal chain and it even looks more robust. Fitting is simple enough if you have a good quality chain splitter and chain pliers. It comes with a speed link so no worries about have to re rivet it back together. The rrp is just plain crazy but shop around like I did and you will find some massive discounts. The chain works lovely and smooth / crisp through the Shimano gears. Time / mileage will tell if it lasts any longer than a standard 11 speed mtb chain.
RRP £46.99 and I paid £22.70 from Rutland Cycles inc p&p

Manufacturers Blurb -
1/2" X 11/128"
Pin Length: 5.65 mm
122 Links
Colour: Dark Silver
Hi-Performance
Triple X-Durability
Anti Rust/e-Bike
Non Directional
EcoProTeQ coated
Mid-motor e-Bike 11-speed derailleur systems
Product nr: BE11TEP22









 


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment