29 May 2020

Very sunny / hot spin down to Durham n back, Spec Creo Rear hub Bearings, Synapse Neo Handlebar swap

Todays ride was a very quick spin down to Durham n back as Arran had to go to Virgin money to sort out some banking. The tracks down were very busy, the tracks around Durham were very busy and the tracks going home were also very busy. We only did 9.5 miles and that was far enough!



I swapped over the wheels on the Cannondale Synapse Neo to the Hunt 650b wheel set. I was trying out my new Conti Race King 2" tyre. More of this after a few more rides.








I also dropped of my Spec Creo SL at Evans Durham as there was signs of rear hub bearing play. An hour an half later it was ready and all sorted. They stripped down the unmarked Formula rear hub and replaced both the hub bearings and both the freehub bearing just in case FOC!


And I also treated the Cannondale Synapse Neo to some different bars earlier on in the week. When I was clearing out my shelves for round three of Ebay selling I found some lovely carbon fibre Easton bars I forgot I even had. The front end of the Synapse has been a little unforgiving since new so thought I would swap the standard Cannondale C2 alu bars for the Easton EC90 SLX 3 carbon bars to see if would take the sting out of the front end a little. I reused the Cannondale Synapse bar tape which I just love and the job is a good'un. I have not done enough miles on the new bars yet but my hands were no acing so much after the 47 miler I did the other day and the 10 offroad miler today.













No comments:

Post a Comment