16 May 2020

Gravel / Road loop around Hamsterley Village, Egglestone, Toft Hill etc. (HAMSTERLEY FOREST IS NOW OPEN)


This week has been busy to say the least with one thing or another so I have not had a chance to get many rides in so I was up and out early this morning, 6am to drive through to Hamsterley Village for a mixed gravel / tarmac loop on the Creo SL. I looked nice and sunny but the strong wind made it really cold. The Garmin was reading anywhere from around 6 to 8 degrees!. It was a cold outward leg with a massive 20+mph headwind all the way to the Forest, through and out the forest and onto the road - B6278 Stanhope to Eggleston. Once I hit the tarmac I was more sheltered from the wind. You can more or less follow my road section back to Hamsterley Village by the village names in the photos below. Most of the country roads were lovely and quiet. Hamsterely Forest is back open to the public again, nothing changed in the car parks or ticket machines. Café is take away only and the kids play equipment is taped off. Apart from that I could only see two new A4 laminated posters (see photo below). All in 29 miles in 2hours 5 mins with just under 3000ft of climbing. I also took a couple of short video clips which are right at the bottom of the blog.
Enjoy and hopefully more soon -









































 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment