8 May 2020

Bank Holiday Friday Road loop to Northumberland / Weardale n back

After a rather stressful week dealing with incompetent people it was time to release the pressure this morning on the bike. I was up and out by 6am with the sun blazing away. I started the road loop from Lanchester village and headed straight up the hill out of Lanchester to Hollinside then straight on through Satley and up to the A68. After crossing the A68 I dropped down to Wolsigham, lovely and quiet at that time of morning. I then turned left to Frosterley and took the back road over the bridges to Stanhope. Stanhope was also quiet but it was before 8am. I then turned right and tackled Crawleyside in the sun. Once near the top the wind was blowing away. Once I reached the top I turned left and along the narrow road crossing the lovely moors to Bay Bridge crossing the Northumberland border and into Blanchland. There was not a sole kicking around Blanchland so after taking a couple of quick snaps I headed off towards Edmudbyers passing through Ruff Side. The sun was blazing away and by the time I reached the layby the Garmin was reading over 18 degrees. I descended into Edmudbyers and turned right and up the long draggy hill to Waskerley. Luckily this was in shade so the temperature had dropped right down. Once back on the top the sun was back out again for a lovely descent to Healyfield / Rowley. From here it is nearly all down hill to Knitsley and the back country lane to bring me back into Lanchester. All in 44.50miles with 4250ft of climbing in 3hrs 9 mins, ave 14mph.
Below are some sunny and not so sunny snaps. Enjoy and hopefully more soon -





















































 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment