4 June 2020

The weather has finally broken - cool short ride to Durham / Maiden Castle / Dragonville + a catch up

Well it has finally started raining here in Co Durham. It started on Monday night and nearly all day yesterday. The temperature has also plummeted back down to a normal heat! Today me and Jane has spin down to Durham as we had some banking to do for Arran then we had a ride over to Maiden Castle / Low Shincliffe and up the Trod to take us out at Dragonville. Jane popped into a shop for her dad then we had a takeaway cuppa from the café next to Matalan. By god it was expensive and took for every for them to make the drinks but it was one of the hottest / nicest drinks I have had for a very long time. Once finished we headed back down to Durham then back home via Frankland / dog kennels / sands. Only 12.5 miles but it kept dry for the ride. Within 15 mins of getting home the heavens opened. Below are a few snaps enjoy and hopefully more soon -












 
On Monday I was going to swap the brake pads on my Cannondale Synapse Neo. I got the pads and tools out ready, stripped out the old pads and gave them a clean. There was still some meat left on them so cleaned the callipers down and re fitted them. I will keep the new Swiss Stops once the Shimano pads have finally worn out.
 


 
So I moved onto my next project - blue roll holder!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment