14 June 2020

Sunday morning local spin on the Salsa Beargrease Carbon Fat Bike

Well a couple of weeks ago I said I dragged the Beargrease fat bike out of storage and gave it a once over and it was ready to rock n roll. Looking at the forecast again for this morning it was not too good so yesterday teatime I got the Beargrease ready for a local loop. I checked the tyre pressures, gave it a spin around the block and the indexing on the back was slightly out so adjusted that when I had it in the stand.
It was real misty / foggy first thing so I waited a while until that burnt off a little then headed off down to Durham. I must confess it has been a fair while since I have ridden a standard none E bike and an even longer time since I have ridden my fat bike! After a few miles I was soon accustomed to the bike / ride / feel of the Beargrease again and it put a huge grin back on my face on the down hills in to Durham. It buzzes along on the tarmac flats but on the hills it came back to me the fitness you need to keep it spinning. At the end of the day if I run out of gears and or run out of legs = push to the top! In the end I covered 16 miles and gave quite a few people the shock off their lives when I was passing or coming towards them. It took me 1 hour 41 mins and ave 9.5 mph with just under 1000ft of climbing. Below are a few cloudy but warm snaps from the ride. Enjoy and hopefully more soon-






















 
Once I got back home I washed and dried both the Creo & Beargrease. I removed and cleaned down the front pads / calliper on the Creo and adjusted the calliper as the pads were rubbing on the disc. I also cleaned down the rotors on the Beargrease as the brakes were squealing like a pig on the steep down hills.



No comments:

Post a Comment