24 June 2020

Local mainly gravel 66 miler on the Specialized Creo SL


I have took a few days off work as the forecast is looking good = getting out on the bikes. Yesterday afternoon I charged up the Creo and the extender battery, fixed the on / off puncture in the rear tyre ready for some gravel action. I was up and out 5.45am to some beautiful sun and the Garmin was already reading 15 degrees. I joined onto the cycle path down the A167 to Chester Le Street then kept going to Gateshead. I crossed the Millennium bridge then back over the low level swing bridge and headed for the Metro Centre on the cycle path. Once over the river I turned left and took the Derwent Walk all the way up to Consett. The lines were reasonably busy in places but not too bad. At Consett I had a rest on the bench next to the old truck. I was thinking of heading up to Parkhead but the wind had picked up all the way up to Consett and thought better of that so I headed down the old railway line to Broompark picnic area. From there I took the old railway line to Stanley Crook and then dropped down into Crook. I joined the road to Willington then turned off left at the Coop back to Broompark. From there is was a short ride home with a couple more hills to tackle. The bike still had plenty battery left for a good few more miles but it was getting far too hot and I had no water left. By the time I got back home the Garmin was reading 26 degrees!
All in 66 miles door to door with an ave moving speed of 14.1mph and climbed 2800ft. The bike started on 150% and finished on 65% so I used 85%. In the end I did not need the extender battery and would have had 15% left on the main battery. Better to safe than sorry though! Enjoy the sunny snaps below and hopefully more soon -








 




















































 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment