28 June 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - Genuine Innovations Side of Bacon, Tubeless Plug Refill

 
I have only ever had to repair one tubeless tyre before and that was a massive 29x2.6" mtb tyre on the Cube E bike. I did not find it the most easiest of jobs and the Weldtite plug seemed to be far to big for the tool and very hard to push in through the hole in the tyre and extract the tool. When we were up in bonnie wee Scotland last year I found these smaller plugs made by Genuine Innovations. As of yet thank god I have not had to use one until this week. I got a puncture on the rear Gravelking and the Stans sealed then did not seal so decided to fit a Side of Bacon! Pulling the plug through the tool was way easier and inserting it into the tyre was also easier. I put on loads of glue and trimmed off the excessive after the glue had dried. I checked it a few days later and the tyre was still holding pressure. Then on Fridays ride I got a puncture on the rear near to the end of the ride so just kept going and the Stans soon sealed it. Yesterday I washed, dried, charged and oiled the bike. I checked the rear tyre to see if there was still air coming out, could not find anything, so I looked for the plug I had put in and it had pulled nearly all the way out. I blew the tyre back up and it was leaking again so fitted a massive plug and that has fixed the hole. I must admit I am pretty new to the tubeless game and hopefully I will not have anymore cuts / holes that the Stans cannot seal!
Ps I have ordered another Gravelking tyre for a spare just in case!
RRP £8.99 and I paid £8.99 from I Cycles Innerleithan
 
Manufacturers blurb -
Feeling hungry after repairing those flats? Fill your plate with 20 of our top selling rope plugs! When paired with our Tubeless Tackle Kit (#G20439) or Tubeless Repair Kit (#G2650), you can plug pesky punctures in seconds and cycle confident for many rides to come.
Eggs and toast not included.
  • 20 rope plugs
  • Construction: Tough, vulcanized butyl rubber
  • Size: 0.125" W x 2" H
  • Weight: 1.5 grams
  • Part #G20452



  •  




     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment