20 June 2020

48 mile'r Gravel ride to Parkhead Cafe n back on the Spec Creo Sl

What a busy and miserable week I have had. Been very busy at work, well working from home, had loads of jobs to sort around the house etc and the weather has been crap to say the least so I have not been out on the bike since last Sunday.
Today the forecast was for some sun so last night I got the bike ready and all my kit ready at the door so there was no messing about this morning. I had yet another rough nights sleep but woke to some sun for a change so jumped out of bed and off I went. I was on the tracks just after 6.15am and the lines were muddy with some huge puddles to ride around. I planned a very simple out n back to Parkhead cafĂ©. The higher I was getting the wind was getting stronger and stronger but the line was getting drier and drier. Once at the top I sat on the stone corner bench tucked in out of the wind and had an energy bar and drink. On the way back down it was like letting the handbrake off, I freewheeled for miles with the massive tailwind. There was loads of other bikers heading to the top and going back through Lanchester / Langley Moor area it was busy with runners, walkers, horse riders, families, you name it. All in just under 48 miles in 3hrs 18mins with 2000ft of climbing. Not a bad ave mph considering the wind, how busy and wet the lines were. Saying that I did not stop on the way back apart from Baxsters Farm for a quick snap and drink. Off to wash, dry, charge and lube the bike up and put my kit in the washer. Enjoy the photos from the ride below and hopefully more soon -



















And at the end I had 37% battery left after 48 miles & 2000ft of climbing into a headwind






No comments:

Post a Comment