3 April 2020

Spin down to Roker and back - ride of two halves

Todays spin down to Roker n back was a ride of two halves. It started out sunny and a tailwind all the way down to Sunderland. Once at Sunderland it soon clouded over and the temperature dropped. It was an out n back on the C2C line so I had a headwind all the way back up. Not too worry as the lines were very quiet and got my head down and did not stop for many snaps on the way back up. It must have been a while since I have done this ride as the line is closed where the two bridges are at in the Washington area. The diversion is like the rocky road to Dublin on the temporary mats they have put down for a year! I was expecting loads of broken glass and dog doo doo as ever on this stretch but is was not too bad at all. In fact probably the best / cleanest I have ever seen it! Again I could not fault the bike apart from a noisy motor. The new bars are spot on and I am getting on great with them. They are much more comfortable on the tops and on the hoods / drops with the new bar tape. Once back home I charged it back up and checked the torque on the stem clamp bolts.
Below are a few snaps for you to enjoy and hopefully more soon.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment