11 April 2020

Saturday morning Local Vilaage raod loop - Wet / Sunny / Warm

I checked the forecast last night and all was looking well for a lovely warm sunny ride today. I looked out the bike and checked it over and looked out my kit ready as I wanted an early start. I was up and out by 6.30am and the sun was just starting to come through. The Garmin was reading 11 degrees! but the skies behind me were pitch black. Within 10 minutes of leaving the rain started and it did not stop for over an hour! It was not until I was on my way to High Pittington it stopped and the sun came back out again. By then I was rather damp to say the least as I did not take my rain coat. Not too worry as it was still warm'sih 9 degrees and rising again. The roads were lovely and quiet and never hardly seen a sole the whole ride. Even Durham was quiet with traffic when I came through on the last part of the ride heading home. I covered 34.5miles in 2hrs 3 mins and ave 15.3mph with nearly 1900ft of climbing. The bike went well but the cadence sensor is still not picking up. I have changed the battery and it worked straight after but it did not work again today. Once back home I washed and dried all the three bikes I have used this week then started with more outside jobs. Below are a few sunny / wet / cloudy snaps. Enjoy and hopefully more soon -

















 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment