16 April 2020

Early morning spin upto Parkhead n back on the Spec Creo SL E bike

The forecast was looking good for an early morning spin out on the bike. They said it was going to be around 5 degrees with no frost, well it was minus -0.3 degrees on the Garmin with a frost! It was not until I reached Consett that it started to warm up. The ride up was very quiet as I left the house before 6am. Once at Consett I turned left at the coal truck and took the old railway line up to Parkhead café and further along to where the old sand quarry meets Crawleyside bank - 25.23 miles and used 43% on the way up. It was a very fast last section over the moors as I had a canny tailwind. On the return leg I had the headwind but it is mainly downhill. The lines were not that much busier on the way back but the wind was getting stronger and stronger making the last few miles hard going. Overall I covered 50.15 miles in 3hrs 36mins and ave 13.9mph with 2000ft of climbing. With both batteries fitted to the bike I only used 64% this time on this route. If I did not have the extender battery fitted I would have had 36% main battery power left, loads more than the previous time i rode the same route. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -























































No comments:

Post a Comment