22 April 2020

Ride of two halves in Weardale and Northumberland


I decided on a road loop starting from Weardale today. It started off sunny but I could see that I was riding into the fog / mist / cold. By the time I crossed the border into Northumberland visibility was very poor on the tops and was hovering around 4 degrees! and that was without the wind chill factor. The roads had also been gritted in Upper Weardale and Allenheads area. Once I crossed the border again after the climb out of Allenheads the descent down to Rookhope was freezing to say the least and I had a massive 20mph headwind all the way down. On a plus note the sun had burnt through just before getting to Rockhope so that started to warm me up nicely. The climb out of Rookhope to Stanhope warmed my body bac up and once I reached Stanhope again the Garmin was reading 12 degrees! I then followed the back road over the railway bridge to Frosterley. All in 30.50 miles in 2 hours 12 mins with 2800ft of climbing. I was only passed by four cars during the whole ride! unreal # isolation ride.
The Garmin heart rate monitor strap was not working but I have finally managed to get the Garmin head unit to read the cadence senor on the Synapse.
Below are some sunny and some cold / misty photos. There are also a couple of short videos, the camera battery stopped twice so need to look into a new one. Enjoy and hopefully more soon -

































































 
 
 
Once back home I put the bike back on charge and gave it a clean, that did not take long as it was not that dirty and I had just polished it the other day.
 

 
I also took the old battery out of the hr strap and tested it - flat / no juice left so I fitted a new one so hopefully the strap will be working again the next time I go out.


No comments:

Post a Comment