12 September 2022

New Fresh Goods Drop (Shimano, Attacus CC & Assos) & some Maintenance of the Specialized Creo

 


After buying my new Shimano Dura Ace SPD-SL pedals I realised that I did not have a spare pair of road SPD-SL pedals for my Cannondale Synapse Neo as I currently run both bikes on Time RXS pedals / cleats. So, I bought a cheapo pair of Shimano pedals for the Synapse which come with the yellow cleats for £37.90 and a second pair of yellow cleats £11.37 as I have my Sidi road shoes and Northwave winter boots requiring new Shimano cleats. I will fit the blue cleats from the Dura Ace box to my spare pair of Sidi road shoes. 


I also bought another Long sleeved jersey - Attacus CC Burnt Orange Thermal 2, the body fits ok but the sleeves are far too long. I paid £50 instead of £100 so will see how much it will cost to get the sleeves shortened, it may have to go back which would be shame. 


And I also bought a new pair of bib shorts - Assos Cento Evo Black again these were in sale from the rrp £225 to £102.32. I need to try them on properly and see if they are any good before making my mind up if I am going to keep them. 


I also had same tinker time on my Specialized Creo gravel bike. I realigned the disc callipers, front and back to stop the discs from rubbing the new pads. Sprayed some silicone lubricant into the bar shifter and crimped on a new rear inner gear cable cap as I forgot when I fitted the new inner cable. After that it had a good, wash, dry and lube then charged it up ready for the next ride. 




No comments:

Post a Comment