14 September 2022

A spin up to Gateshead and swapped my road pedals to Shimano Dura ace SPD - SL

 


Today's ride was only a short one up to Gateshead to pick up Angus's van. It's one straight road - A167 from Fram to the garage - 11.70 miles in 45mins with 380ft of climbing. The traffic was not too bad for mid-morning. It started off cloudy and overcast with a gentle headwind all the way. By the time I got to the other side of Birtley the sun was trying to get out and the temperature increased to 12 degrees! Once I dropped the van back off at Angus's house it was back on the bike again for a ride home. 
I also tried out my new Assos bib shorts today, first time I have ever owned or worn Assos shorts in my 35+ years of cycling, first impressions are good / comfortable. More on these after I get a few more miles in. 


Once back home I got changed and decided to change the pedals on my road Creo over to my Shimano Dura ace SPD-SL pedals, that only took a few minutes and then I fitted the Shimano SM-SH11 onto my Sidi road shoes. I have kept the Time pedals and cleats and will sell them if I get on ok with the Shimano pedals. I will also fit my spare pair of Shimano pedals to my Synapse and swap over to Shimano cleats on my winter road boots and spare road shoes at a later date. 






Then it was onto gardening duties and a tip run for the rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment