18 September 2022

A local spin down to Durham, Maiden Castle, Houghall Woods n back - e mtb

 


The weather has definitely changed now and the air is cold. Today's ride was just a local loop on my Cube e mtb, it was overcast / cloudy with a freezing cold wind. The temperature never even reached 10 degrees the whole ride. I have started looking out my Autum clothing now - 3/4 bib tights back on, merino base layers and tried out my new Assos Spring / Fall jacket with a gilet on top. With being early on a Sunday morning I thought I would have the tracks n trails more or less to myself, but it was busiest I have seen them in a long time. There was other cyclists, walkers, runners, joggers, dog walkers, tourists, locals, students, walkers/hikers, rowers you name it apart from horse riders. So much for my lovely quiet early morning ride it was stop / start and slow down / speed up every 100 yards or so. Apart from that it was a canny ride. All in 17.5 miles in 1hr 31 mins with nearly 1000ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 


































No comments:

Post a Comment