13 September 2022

Gateshead to home via Metro Centre & Consett

 


Today's job was to drop Angus's van off at Citroen in Gateshead for some warranty work then have a ride home the long way around. I was planning on dropping it off at 10am after the rush hour but I was up early, and the sun was blazing away so landed before they even opened! I booked it in and I was off on the gravel Creo. I dropped down to the Quayside and over the Millenium and Swing bridge before heading towards the Metro Centre via Keelmans way. I had a massive freezing cold head wind all the way along this stretch. Once over the little bridge I turned left and headed up and through Derwent Walk Country Park then crossed the Gateshead / Co Durham border and picked up the Derwent walk old railway line to Consett. It was warmer now with no headwind. The line up to Consett is starting to get muddy in places but there is a couple of dry lines. This section is always an uphill drag but good for your legs! Once at the top junction it was straight over and dropped down the old railway line to Lanchester, Langley Park, Bearpark then at Baxters Wood I turned off left and back home. I never even got back, and the garage had rung and said it was ready for collection, awaiting on new parts coming into the country. If my legs had more in them, I would have continued back along the A167 back to the garage but that was another 12 miles, and I was tired. Below are a few snaps from the 34 mile ride in 2 hours 33 mins with 1300ft of climbing. 

New plastic electric car, up to 36 mile range with a top speed of 28mph, now that would come in handy, NOT. 












Tree route alley the section from Staithes to past the Metro 






Cool to say the least














No comments:

Post a Comment