16 September 2022

Errand ride to Durham & Gilesgate & some Creo tinkering

 


Today's ride was more a case of an errand route. I had to go to Durham city centre and Gilesgate so what better way than on the bike with some diversions. I first dropped down into Durham via Frankland to go to The Clothing Alteration Company who have a small shop down from the Fighting Cocks pub. I rang the lady the other day to see if she could shorten the sleeves on my new Attacus CC Thermal jersey and how much it would be. She wanted to see the sleeves to see if they would fit in her machine and she said no problem so they are being reduced by nearly 3" for a tenner, I think that is good value for the service and they will be ready for collection either later on today or tomorrow, what more could you ask for. Then it was back onto my normal loop around the river banks and over to Maiden Castle, up The Trod then straight on at the top to the other side of Gilesagte. I had a couple of parts to collect from the Peugeot garage. The parts lads is also a keen cyclist so had a natter then I was on my way again and back onto my normal route back into Durham then out to Frankland, The Sands, The Carrs then back home. The sun was out when I left but there was a freezing cold wind. On the way back the sun went, and it felt even colder with a spit of rain. 
All in just under 18 miles in 1hr 27mins with 900ft of climbing, below are a few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 





















Once I got back home and changed into warmer clothing, I fitted the parts to my van and looked out my lights for my Creo Gravel bike as the weather has changed now and might need them if its misty, foggy or drizzle / low light etc. 





An update on the new rear Continental 650b / 27.5" CrossKing tyre I fitted in mid April, I have nearly run the central tread blocks off already! Must be a soft compound and does not like a lot of tarmac sections! 



Oh and the map of today's ride 

No comments:

Post a Comment