6 August 2019

Wash, spit n polish the Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 + some new goodies

Yesterday I decided to give the newest bike a good once over so gave it a wash, dried and polished it. I also adjusted the rear mech cable tension as it was slightly out when I used the bike on Sunday. From there I lubricated the chain with Finish Line E Lube, rear mech, front mech & cassette with GT85. I also checked the chain for wear and there is plenty of life left in the Shimano E chain. The Park Tool chain checker was reading just over 0.50. I also checked both the front and rear Dura Ace disc pads and they are also ok. I scraped all the build up of old oil / grim from the jockey wheels and cleaned them off with a rag. The bike is charged and ready to rock n roll for a good few more rides.


 
When I cleaned Angus's car last Friday I noticed that some of the Autoglym bottles in our car cleaning tub were getting down so I had a good clear out and stock take! We have been using Autoglym products for nearly 30ish years now. They are expensive but we have the found the quality and finish is spot on apart from a couple of products.
We use loads of the green Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner. If Halfords have it on 3 for 2 we buy 3no of the 2.5 litres or it is just as cheap to buy it in a 5 litre drum for around just under £25.
We also used the last of the Leather Care Balm or it used to be called Leather Care Conditioner. We don't use much of this as we only have one vehicle with leather seats etc in it. We do use it on the leather sofa / chair in the house and comes up a treat even though you read on Autoglyms website not to use it in the home as they have not tested it on house hold leathers.
 




 
And when I was in Direct Car Parts / E Bike Store (old Discount Auto Parts, Framwellgate Moor) I bought a new Bosch rubber chainring O ring. The last time I stripped one down the O ring had split and I used my only spare.
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment