23 August 2019

Local gravel / country lane ride on the Dale Synapse Neo


Well after the near continuous rain yesterday I went to work today 6.30am @ 18 degrees and sun! My miles are down this month so I wanted to start to get them built back up and startred off with a canny steady ride today before the long weekend starts. I had planned on a local road ride but changed my mind at the last minute and dropped on to the old railway line at Meadowfirld to Broom Park. From there i headed up the old line to Consett. Yet again there was a strong wind all the way up. The open sections of the line have dried up but the shaded / wooded sections were wet and muddy. There was a few people out and about but it was not that busy. AT Consett i turned left and went over Hownsgill viaduct to Rowley Carpark, turned left and picked the road and over the A68. I dropped down onto the country lane to take me back to Lanchester to pick up the old railway line again. It was very fast coming back down from Consett as i now had a tailwind. Below are a few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon - ps enjoy your back holiday weekend, forecast is looking good for a change.
























Maxxiss tyres were working overtime in the muddy sections



No comments:

Post a Comment