4 August 2019

Sunday morning local road ride inc some C2C line on the Synapse Neo

It was time to drag the bike back out again and clear my lungs out. I did not really have a route in mind so just went with the flow keeping it all local just in case I had any problems. I first headed over to Lumley way for a loop then crossed back over the river to Chester Le Street, then I took all the back roads up tp Pontop Pike. I dropped off the top onto the old railway line all the way up to Consett then over Hownsgill viaduct to Whitehall carpark. From there I turned left and picked the road up again and did a loop around the old Beast route before dropping down to Lanchester. There was only one way out of Lanchester for me and that was up the Peth to Burnhope. From there I dropped down to Holmside, Edmondsley, Waldridge, Chester Moor then on the cycle track along the A167 back home. The weather was very mixed from sun, hot to cloudy and cool. I had no wind in some places but a strong headwind in other places. I had a small shower of rain at New Kyo. All in it was a good route and ride. I only got close passed once at Consett on the bye pass road between a central island. Below are a few  snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -



































 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment