18 August 2019

Sunday morning local road ride upto the Toon and called in past Pontop Pike & Burhope on the way home

I was going to go out on the bike yesterday morning but is was raining when I got up so it was a last minute decision and I took Jane out for the day to Hexham. We have not been for a long time and had a lovely walk around the town in mostly sunshine. Beales is closing down so we bought a new mattresses for Arran, just as well we took the van up!
Today there was a heavy overnight shower and the roads were soaking but by the time I was heading towards Chester Le Street the roads were bone dry. There was a cool wind first thing, around 11 degrees on the Garmin but felt colder. I did not have a route planned so ended up heading to the Toon of all places. It was steady spin up and the roads were lovely and quiet. Once I reached the Gateshead side I stopped and took some photos of the Angel, Tyne Bridge, Sage, Baltic, Millennium, then crossed over the Tyne, up the Quayside and crossed back over via the swing bridge.
I headed back to Chester Le Street with a massive headwind all the way where I turned right and headed for the hills. God knows why as the wind was getting stronger and stronger, but hey ho. I peaked out at Pontop Pike and Burnhope. The bike went well but my legs felt empty on the way out but better coming back in. If there was not so much wind I could have gone much further and enjoyed it. Below are a few snaps and video clips for the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -
PS -  Fresh Goods Sunday back later today with a double up.




Angel of the North







Tyne Bridge


Sage



Millennium bridge

Baltic





Swing Bridge



Chester Le Street Market Place

Beamish Museum


Pontop Pike







Burnhope


 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment