25 August 2019

Very hot spin up the C2C to Hownsgill on the Synapse Neo

Todays ride was only a short ride 22 miles as I was meeting up with Jane and Arran at Hownsgill café for a cuppa. I set off early'ish but it was still warm and sunny. I went straight down the cycle path to Chester Le Street then the front street and straight through to Birtley to pick up the C2C old railway line. From there I headed up hill all the way to Hownsgill viaduct. The higher I was climbing the hotter it was getting! Some sections of the line have been cut back but others sections are down to less than a foot wide! The stretch around the fishing pond / woods at Annfield Plain is ridiculous. The lines were very busy on some parts and totally dead on other parts. The café was busy as ever! Below are quite a few snaps as I was taking my time and enjoying the ride. Enjoy and hopefully more soon -

Cycle path along A167 to CLS

Cycle lane to Birtley

and onto the C2C to Cosnett












The two horse that I passed crapped all over the bridge!



MX meeting and it was dusty!




I thought there was no wind, turbine was not spinning






not been to  drovers for a while, had a canny carvery









New gloves day again today, more in Fresh Goods Sunday




 
I thought it was too good to be true about the wind, after passing the first turbine the next two were spinning away, cooled me down a little on the way to Consett
 


No comments:

Post a Comment