6 June 2024

Yet another sunny, windy and cold local gravel ride on Co Durham's old railway lines - Creo 1

 


I was up and out very early again this morning making the most of the early morning sun. The forecast had the temperature as feeling like 3 degrees so I put on my 3/4 bib tights to keep my legs warm. I was going to wear my lightweight windproof jacket but I thought it did not feel like it was 3 degrees so opted for the same three layers as yesterday with my arm warmers. Today i decided to take my Creo 1 gravel bike for a change. The DT Swiss wheels with narrower Gravelking tyres fly along compared to the Hunt wheels with 2.1" tyres. The wind was stronger than yesterday making it hard going into the headwind. The old railway lines are still mainly dry and dusty in places. The problem now is the verges have grown that fast it is overhanging the track and restricting the width. As yesterday hardly seen a sole out n about so had long stretches of track all to myself, lovely with the tailwind! I did a few extra miles at the end and all in just under 33 miles with 100ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 


















No comments:

Post a Comment