27 June 2024

Very early morning spin along two of Co Durham's old railway lines

 


I was up and out the door very early this morning for a pre work ride. One of my regular loops has a section closed between Mon - Fri from 8am until 3pm (see photos below). It was overcast and cloudy with a strong wind early doors. The Garmin was only reading around 13 degrees so had three layers on my top half and I was feeling cold in some places. As you can imagine there was very few others out n about just after 6am. I went from Bishop Auckland on the old railway line to Spennymoor, then the back lanes to Tudhoe village, Croxdale, Sunderland Bridge then up the long climb to the Bransden pub at Brandon. Here I turned left and took the old railway line all the way back to Bishop Auckland. I took my Creo 2 gravel as it was still dirty from the previous ride out. All in just over 19 miles in 1hr 17mins with 750ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 











No comments:

Post a Comment