7 June 2024

Weather less ride down to Durham & Maiden Castle - Trek Marlin+ e hardtail mtb

 


Last day of the working week and I was up and out again early doors on my Trek Marlin+ e hardtail mtb. Talking about this bike Team Cycles now have 21% off my model, that is a good buy, I should have hung on! No wind today but also no sun so I call it a weather less ride, still cold with the Garmin dipping down to 6.7 degrees. I did wear my lightweight jacket toady and my 3/4 bib thighs again. My legs were feeling a little tired after the last two days of riding and I am still not a 100% better from my man flu. It was back on my regular routes down to Durham, over to Maiden Castle but I did not do the Houghall woods loop today. Around the riverside then up The Trod. This is still very washed out from all the storms we had earlier in the year with some really deep ruts. Back down the other side, back around Durham then home via Frankland, The Sands and The Carrs. It was lovely and quite and no students out at all around Durham. As you will see in the photos below they are setting up the riverside ready for The Regatta this weekend. All in 15.5miles in 1hr 13min with 750ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 

















No comments:

Post a Comment