23 June 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - Assos TRAIL Steinadler Jacket T3 Black Series

 


If you have followed my blog for a while you know I have mainly moved over Assos clothing now. When CRC / Wiggle were closing down I decided to treat myself to a new jacket from Assos. I wanted something which was a more relaxed fit and ideal for any off road rides. I found this model in the sale and decided to give it a whirl. As ever with all my Assos clothing the quality and feel of the materials is just unreal. If you live in the UK you will know we had a really crap spring and beginning of summer. This jacket has been worn on nearly every ride and packed away into its own pocket and folded up and stuffed into my back jersey pocket for a "just in case" moment which I have had plenty. There is a small chest pocket which is ideal of me as that is where I keep my compact camera. There is one other zipped pockets but I never use it apart from turning it inside out as the stuff pocket. The zip is easy to use even with thin long fingered gloves on. As ever you have to layer up right under the jacket depending upon the temperature but I have never felt over hot or sweaty in the jacket even when climbing. I have used it in many rain showers and does shred off the rain for a while but after per longed soaking it does come through. It washes well and dries really quickly. With it being on the more causal cut I do notice the material at the back of my shoulders flaps in the wind a little when on a fast descent unless you put the jacket down at the back by the dropped flap section. On the whole I cannot fault the jacket and is ideal for most of my Autumn and Spring riding. As ever the rrp is steep but shop around for some discount / bargain. 

RRP £200 and I paid £110 inc 48hr p&p from CRC (before they went bust). Discount 45%  

Manufacturers blurb - 

A midweight, all-weather jacket with a cut and textiles suited for high-intensity off-road riding. Breathable insulation combined with freedom of movement for trail functionality on and off the bike. The Steinadler is a highly breathable, trail-tuned jacket with a more aggressive cut and more breathability. It’s also equipped with our new Water & Mud Shield Tec treatment to stay dry and prevent the accumulation of weight from external moisture. When not needed, the Steinadler packs into its own pocket for low-volume storage.

Featured fabrics
The Domino textile adds tear-resistant, wind-blocking protection to the front panel, shoulders, and extended collar, with the Speedy fabric lining providing an ultrasoft feel and integrated odorControl around the neck. The rear panel and sleeves are constructed with highly elastic Type.OF11 to maintain a sleek silhouette inspired by our road equipment. Both body textiles are treated with our Water & Mud Shield Tec to block mud and trail water or road spray. UPF 50+ throughout.

Construction/fit
The most aggressive TRAIL cut, body-mapped for full range of motion on or off the bike and finished with an extended collar that adds protection without interfering with headwear.

Water & Mud Shield Tec
A new, trail-specific technology that sheds water and mud, prevents stains, and actively expels internal moisture.

Secure Pockets
Two zippered pockets provide secure storage and fast access to ride essentials. Taped for waterproofing.

Ultra Packable
Compresses into its own zippered pocket for low-volume storage.


Features

  • Composition: 80% Polyamide, 11% Elastane 9% Polyester
  • Water-repellent and windproof
  • Protects from mud, water and road splashes
  • Foldable













No comments:

Post a Comment