5 May 2024

Catch up and a local 30 mile gravel loop on Co Durham's old railway lines on my Creo 2


Well this is the first time I have been on a bike for 11 days now! I have been off for a two weeks but we have been very busy and went away last Sunday for three days over in the Lakes. When we got back we were both on Election duties for some of Wednesday, all day Thursday, Thursday night / Friday early hours then all day Friday. 
Yesterday we decided to have a day out but a quieter one so we had a drive up to Stanhope to hop onto the train to Bishop Auckland. We only got 20 minutes at Bishop end befoe it departed back to Stanhope. It was 55 minutes each way for £16 per adult, so £8 each way. Fifteas tearooms at Bishop has took over running the cafe at Stanhope station as well. We had a walk around the town when we got back to Stanhope and had our dinner from Freddie's chippy. 
Today I needed to get back out on my bike but I was feeling tired and rough so took the van over to Bearpark with my Creo 2 gravel bike in the back to hop onto the old railway to Broompark, then over to Bishop. I was going to turn and head back the same way but changed my mind and picked up the old railway line to Spenny instead to make a loop out of it. The lines were mainly quiet and have dried up a lot. The weather was very uneventful! overcast and cloudy with a gentle wind in places. The Garmin hovered around 10 - 12 degrees, not exactly breaking records! On the other hand I did put my normal Sidi mtb shoes on instead of my Northwave boots, first time this year and I also wore 3/4 bib longs instead of full length longs. All in I covered 30 miles on the nose in 2hrs 13mins with 1200ft of climbing. Enjoy the snaps below and hopefully more soon- 

























First time out in my Sid mtb shoes this year. When will I get my Northwave road and mtb boots away? 

No comments:

Post a Comment