19 May 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - Silca Gravelero Mini Pump

 


If you have followed my Blog over the years you will know I have a few products from Silca. Yes the quality is exceptional but the rrp are just unreal. I have used there digital track pump and had no real problems and is still going strong. I have never used one of their mini pumps but the reviews have been excellent over the many years. When they released their larger volume mini pump I splashed the cash and ordered one. 
As ever with ever Silca product the quality and feel is fantastic and this pump is no different. You get a pump holder which fits to your bosses, I have mounted mine under the downtube water bottle cage bosses. The pump has a flexible hose which attaches to your valve, reversible head for the two different types. All my other pumps attach straight to the valve so you have to be careful when pumping up not to move / bend the vale too much, with the hose it is a lot easier. The pump action is lovely and smooth, easy to use and  not too chucky looking when fitted to the bike. It is quite a long pump at 240mm which is longer than all my other mini pumps. It does not take too long to inflate a 700c gravel tyre, I have it fitted to my mountain bike which has 29x2.2" tyres. I would use a 16g Co2 cartridge first then top it up with the pump. 
The only thing I can fault is the rubber cover cap on the end keeps coming away from the pump body which other users have also noted so I have glued mine on so it does not get lost. 
As I have mentioned the rpp is plain crazy but as I always say shop around and you might find one at a cheaper price, currently around £78. 

RRP £92.00 and I paid £69.00 from Balfes Bikes - Discount 25% 

Manufacturers blurb - 
The GRAVELERO mini-pump builds from the same hose, chuck, and plunger design of our multi-award winning Tattico pump, in a package that pushes 35% more air from the same overall length. The design has been further refined for gravel and off-road use with a smooth outer texture and improved sealing to reject dirt and mud while also making for easy cleaning.

• Light-weight, aluminum handle and barrel
• Retractable hose
• Thumb-lock, reversible chuck:
Schrader or Presta
• 80 psi
• 9.5 inch / 243mm length
• 139 grams
• Includes direct-mount bracket
with retaining strap

The SILCA Lifetime Warranty covers products from manufacturing defects for the lifetime of the user.  It further covers the function of all hard parts for 7 years from the date of purchase.  Expected wear and tear is not covered.  Learn more about warranties.






















No comments:

Post a Comment