5 May 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - Sram eTap AXS Battery Charger & Cord (710845780752)

 


As you may be aware that when I bought my Creo 2 it is the first bike that I have owned with Sram eTap AXS gears fitted. The bike come with the Sram Powerpack which included one battery, charger base and cable. I check the rear mech battery status via the Sram app when I can remember. The last time the battery went flat but I noticed it just before I went out for a ride. Yesterday I thought it was about time I checked the battery again and it was showing red <20% power left on the app so I decided to put it on charge before we went out for the day. I normally keep all my bike battery chargers in one place, I found my Shimano Di2 charger but no Sram eTap charger, so spent another half hour or so but no joy. It will be somewhere, I have only used the dammed thing once as well. 
So on the way back from Stanhope we called in past Infinity Cycles at Meadowfield to see if they had a spare one. They had a brand new one boxed so at least I could charge the battery last night for todays ride. I hope you are sitting down as the rrp is £46, yes you read that right. It is just unreal, the cable is nothing special and everyone will probably have a spare cable with the same end. The charger is tiny and nothing to it, they must get them made from Chins for a few quid each. Anyway the lads must have felt sorry for me and did me a good discount. I will not be losing this one and hopefully find my first one for a spare. 
They are easy to use, unplug your Sram battery from the relevant component on your bike, pull the little switch back / down, hook the opposite end of the battery into the charger base and push down on the other end and let go of the switch and battery locks into the charger. There is a blue light which comes on to say its got power then there is the three coloured lights on the charger to show the status of the battery charge. Once it moves to green its ready to remove. Push the button back down and pull up on the end where the button is and pull the battery back out. I have not timed how long it takes from a completely flat battery to full charge but Sram state approx 60 minutes. 
As ever if you are not in a rush for one Hopkinson Cycles are selling them for £33.99 

RRP £46.00 and I paid £35.00 from Infinity Cycles. Discount 24% 

Manufacturers Blurb - 
SRAM batteries are literally a snap to remove and charge. Just flip the tool-free battery latch up and slide the battery up and out of the derailleur. Then snap the battery into the USB powered charger and connect the charger to any USB power source or A/C USB adaptor. A full charge takes up to 60 minutes to complete.

  • Easy and fast charging for your SRAM batteries.













No comments:

Post a Comment