30 May 2024

Don't worry I am back - had bad man flu - Creo 2 gravel bike on Co Durham's old muddy railway lines

 


Don't worry I am still in the land of living. After my last long ride I felt dog rough in the afternoon and come Sunday I was bad. Man flu had struck and gone straight to the chest / lungs. I have not been out on the bike since or done any running. I went out for a 5 mile gentle walk on the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend but that's been it. 
The weather has been totally pants apart from a couple of dry days and a few half days. It was time I got back into the swing of it so planned to do one of my regular shorter loops which does not have that many hills in and took it steady. The old railway lines are up the naff's yet again with loads of big puddles and mud. Just as well I refitted my Ass Saver but my shoes, socks and legs were sprayed in freezing cold mud within minutes of setting off. The lines were lovely and quiet with hardly a sole out and about. The sun did pop out now and again but the wind was a killer coming back in. 
All in 24 miles in 1hr 49mins with 900ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 












No comments:

Post a Comment