26 May 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - Specialized / Fjällräven Handlebar Pocket Bag - Ox Red

 


When I bought my Specialized Creo 2 bike I swapped over some of the parts / accessories from my Creo 1 gravel bike. I have used a Restrap bar bag on that bike for a few years now and on has performed well but did need to be sent back to replace a broken buckle and foam spacers. It is the older version where it does not have the stabilisation strap to go around the steerer and thick material to keep the shape of the bag. I had considered buying another one with the improvements but fancied something a little different. I looked a few options, some were too big, some were too small, some the straps that go around the handlebars were in the wrong place and some did not have a loop on the front to attach my Lezyne small led light. 
Then I come across this Specialized / Fjällräven Handlebar Pocket Bag, Infinity Cycles at Meadowfield had some in stock so popped over and made sure the spacing for the handlebar straps was right, could fit my Silca key/phone etc holder and had enough room for some small bits n bobs. It comes in four different colours and would have gone for boring black but sold out so went for the Ox red colour. It has a double zipper top which is quite stiff with rope pulls on the end. Two rows of loops on the front for attaching things. The back has a row of loops to adjust where you want the velcro strips to attach to your handlebars. It also has an elastic chord to wrap around your steerer. I did have it around my future shock streerer but thought that might rub through the rubber boot so wrapped the chord around the brake hoses and has worked perfectly from day one. The bag is longer than the Restrap but not as high or wide. I can fit in what I want to use it for. The only downside it does not have any spacers between the back of the bag and the straps/handlebars so when I am using the tops of the bars you cannot really get all your fingers down the back of the bag (more on this in a future Fresh Goods Sunday). It is the first time I have bought any Specialized bags and the quality is really good and the mud splashes wash off quite easily. I have used it in rain showers and no water ingress but have not used it in heavy rain. There is no inner pockets or mesh outer pockets just the one main compartment. I would say the bag is reasonable value for money but shop around there are some discounts to be had. 

RRP £50.00 and I paid £42.50 from Infinity Cycles. Discount 15% 

Manufacturers blurb - 

Snacks. Phone. Sunglasses. Keep your small essentials close by in the Handlebar Pocket Bag. The large zipper opening and side loops make it easy to open and close while riding. Two Velcro straps and a bungee cord create a secure fit on most handlebars. The durable nylon material protects against wear-and-tear while a waterproof lining makes sure your gear stays nice and dry.

  • Weather-resistant design in durable ViNylon
  • Sturdy Velcro and bungee cord attachment system
  • Large two-way zip opening
  • Daisy chain webbing on bottom
  • Reflective Specialized/Fjällräven logo for enhanced visibility in low-light conditions
  • Dimensions: Height: 9 cm, Width: 23 cm, Depth: 10 cm
  • Volume- approx. 1.5L
  • Weight- 100g
  • Material- Vinylon main material. Recycled 210D polyamide lining with 10.000 PU coating and FC-free DW

















No comments:

Post a Comment