13 May 2024

Last of the sun ride on County Durham's old railway lines.

 


The rain has been delayed by 24 hours but saying that we don't have dusty dry old railways lines now as we had heavy rain last night for a good few hours. 
I nearly did not get a ride in as when I took my bike out I noticed the rear tyre was looking a little soft. I pumped it back up and by chance I could hear a hissing sound! I found the hole which was a glass cut so had my tubeless repair kit handy so plugged it with a small worm and spun the rear wheel and it soon sealed up. 
Then it was time for one of my regular loops taking the old railway line from Bishop to Brandon then down to Sunderland Bridge, up to Croxdale, the back lane to Tudhoe Village, Spenny then back onto the old railway to Bishop. The sun was in and out every 5 mins but still reasonably warm. The wind was killer on the way back in. As I have mentioned the over night dampened down the dust on the lines and its back to puddles and some mud again. That did not last long! There was plenty other out n about enjoying the last of the sun. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



















No comments:

Post a Comment