11 April 2024

Spin down the C2C to Sunderland n back on the Creo 1 gravel

 


What a difference a day makes, it was less than one degrees yesterday morning and it was 12 to 14 degrees on todays ride. I headed towards the coast / Sunderland on the C2C from South Pelaw and had a lovely tailwind all the way down. This only meant one thing I had a headwind nearly all the way back up! Most sections were drier than yesterdays ride as there is more tarmaced stretches but there was also alot of flooding, massive puddles and mud on the none tarmaced sections. There was loads of dog walkers out and a few other cyclists. I decided not to wear my winter boots due to the higher temperature but when I was riding through the flooded / deep puddle parts the freezing cold water wet straight through my Sidi's and socks and my feet were freezing, now that was a bad idea. The sun tried to get out a few times to brighten the ride up but never really managed. Nothing has changed down this part of the C2C and is still closed at the end under the green bridge with the diversion in place. 
Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 

























No comments:

Post a Comment