26 April 2024

A day trip down to Whitby and back out Trail Running 5k

 


Yesterday me, Jane And Arran were all off work so we had a trip down to Whitby. The A19 was to too bad going down but the weather was unreal, the temperature was down to 1.5 degrees and lashing rain. The rain cleared a little when we arrived thank the lords. It was lovely and quiet and called in past Spoons for breakfast. We had a walk up the 199 steps and had a good walk around the old and new town sides. Called in past the amusement arcades when it was lashing down again before having a walk along the pier, the wind was unreal, fresh does not describe it. We even had hail at one point. Angus siad it was snowing at Barnard Castle where he was working. Called in past the Magpie takeaway for some chips but they were nowt owt overs, it was also a small portion which cost £3.50. 
On the way back I called in past Wheelbase at Stockton but did not get anything. Most of the stock has been moved out ready for Leisure Lakes stock to arrive. 

Boyo spending some of hard (cough) earned cash! 



Today I was feeling tired after yesterdays full day out and weather beaten again, forecast was overcast / cloudy and cold for today. I defrosted the car as the overnight rain had frozen for Jane to go to work. There was a lovely sunrise and it stayed sunny so I jumped in my van and parked up at Diggerland, Langley Park and hoped onto the old railway line towards Lanchester for a 5k trot. It was lovely and quiet and hardly seen a sole and the sun was still shinning. Slight headwind coming back in towards Langley Park but no where near as bad as the 30+mph winds at Consett on last weeks run. Within half an hour of getting back in the heavens opened again and clouded over.
My time is dropping - 37.21mins, I checked back on my Garmin and in 2023 I did the same route with Jane in 34.45 and in 2021 it was 37.31. Steady away and I am going to keep plugging away and try and get nearer the 35mins mark. 


Defo time to get my new trainers broken in I think! 

Todays out n back 

Last weeks route at Consett, had to turn back at the start due to ankle deep mud and water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment