14 April 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - Shimano Dur Ace RT-CL900 Centre Lock Disc Brake Rotor ICE TECHNOLOGIES FREEZA 160mm

 


I have used Shimano disc rotors on nearly all my road, gravel and mtb bikes for years and they have been spot on. I tend not to keep cheaper models on the bike if they come fitted as standard and use Ultegra / Dura Ace on my road and gravel bikes and XT / XTR on my mountain bikes. 
With me have so many wheelsets for numerous different bikes I have a few versions of the same rotor over the years and to be honest I cannot feel any real difference between them all. As you will see in the photos below I have three different versions now of the Dura Ace rotor all in the same size 160mm. 
These newer model RT-CLR900 ones have gone on to my DT Swiss road wheel set on my Creo 1 road bike. They are true from the box and I just give them a quick clean with disc brake cleaner and they are ready to go. Yes they take a few rides to scrub in but the perform is excellent in my Ultegra brakes with SWISS STOP Exo Therm pads.  I have no issues with them in the wet and cold weather and I cannot fault them on the performance side of things. They last me for years and years with very little signs of wear. 
As ever and especially now with Shimano prices dropping like hot potatoes shop around for a cracking deal. The Ultegra version is same just a silver insert colour instead of black. 

RRP £64.99  and I paid £40.99 from Wolf Cycles inc 48hr p&p. Discount 37% 

Manufacturers Blurb - 

Quieter control for any terrain

With a focus on decreasing disc brake rotor heat deformation, the result of the new disc brake rotor is quieter than ever brake performance without sacrificing weight or heat dissipation.

FEATURES

  • Quieter than ever, but with superb, consistent braking performance on any long, steep descents thanks to excellent heat dissipation
  • The new arm shape is more robust, leading to quieter operation
  • Heat dissipation paint boosts performance
  • Disc brake rotor size: 140 mm, 160 mm, 180 mm, 203 mm
MODEL NORT-CL900
SERIESDURA-ACE R9200 Series
Average weight97 (140 mm), 114 (160 mm), 139 (180 mm), 169 (203 mm)
CENTER LOCK

ICE TECHNOLOGIES
ICE TECHNOLOGIES FREEZA
ICE TECHNOLOGIES FREEZA w/ heat dissipation paint
Outside diameter (mm)|203X (NEW)
Outside diameter (mm)|180X (NEW)
Outside diameter (mm)|160
Outside diameter (mm)|140
Pad lining shape compatibility|Narrow







These are on my Creo 1 gravel now 

These are on my Creo 2 Gravel now 

And these are on my Creo 1 Road now 







No comments:

Post a Comment