24 April 2024

A hilly local road route in wintery conditions - Cannondale Synapse Neo

 


I did plan a route in upper Weardale but the forecast was the temperature felt like minus - 4 degrees this morning so knocked that on the head and stopped local. 
Well I do question myself at times, this is what I was thinking after three miles on the bike this morning with the Garmin reading 1 degrees and freezing cold rain blasting straight into my face with a near 20mph northerly head wind. Why pay for a facial when you can get one for free at the back end of April. After a few more miles of being weather beaten I was going to give up and head back but I decided to keep going. The rain stopped and it got slightly warmer by a couple of degrees so all was well. I headed for the hills as they say and wanted to get a few thousand feet of climbing in, not a problem in Co Durham! I have done all the roads, country lanes etc before just joined them all up for a hilly medium length loop. There was very little traffic on the roads so that was a bonus. I was under dressed on the top half and was feeling the cold for most of the ride. The Cannondale Synapse Neo went well and so did my legs after a good few miles before they warmed up. Once back at the start I had a hail shower white stuff beating off my helmet and jacket. Below are a few snaps from the ride inc the route map. All in 37.25 miles with just under 3700ft of climbing and an ave speed of 14.2mph. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 




















No comments:

Post a Comment