14 April 2024

Going back alot of years - Lumley Time Trial Circuit Practice and a local road ride - Fresh Goodies Cycling Plus Magazine

 


After nearly a full day out yesterday to Hexham and calling in past Ride Electric at Cosnett as they had a demo day on for Advanced Bikes I was feeling tired. Woke up this morning dog rough and tired. I managed too force myself out on my Creo 1 road bike. I had a road ride planned but could not be arsed so had a ride over to other side of Finchale Abbey steps and was on the old Lumely TT loop. I thought I would do a warm up lap followed by two faster laps. I set away and after half a lap I was started pushing alittle harder. First lap in 16min 22seconds then it was onto a full gas loop and hoped to get the time down to nearer the 15min mark. Well after nearly blowing my lungs up I crossed the line in 15mins 22 seconds. There was no way I could have done another full gas loop so did half a cool down lap before heading over to West Rainton meadows / Hetton for a loop. After that I calmed down and was back into the swing of my normal riding speed / effort. I dropped down to Chester LE Street and had plans of heading up to Waldridge but the headwind was killing me off. I turned left and come along the A167 cycle track to home. All in just over 30 miles in 1hr 53mins with 1400ft of climbing, ave 15.9mph. Below are a couple of snaps from the ride and the route map. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 










No fresh goodies this week apart from a copy of Cycling Plus Magazine June edt from WH Smiths at Hexham. It has a cracking article / ride / route around Teesdale & Weardale taking in some massive climbs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment