10 April 2024

It stopped raining for a few hours so back out in the cold and slop

 


What the hell is going on with the weather. Last weekend we had two days of 40-50mph winds. Yesterday rained for nearly 24 hours solid again with no let up. The temperatures have been up and down like a yoyo. Yes as I am typing this it is raining again! 
Anyway I cleaned my winter mtb Northwave boots at the weekend, first time since I have bought them and they are nearly as good as the day I bought them. I have used them for many many years now and this is my third pair from memory. Don't worry they will not last long this colour! 
I did one of my regular loops taking in two of County Durham's old railway lines with an inter linking road section. As you can imagine the lines were flooded in places and loads of massive deep puddles. The mud is back again and the Garmin was hovering below one degree at 6am this morning. There was not many other out, just a few. On the plus side the wind has finally died back down and I had a lovely sunrise at Bishop Auckland. 
When will I ever be able to remove my Ass Saver Win Wings? The bike was covered from head to toe in black cutting paste slop again and so was my leggings. It is starting to wear thin now with the onslaught of minging conditions. Below are  few snaps from the ride, all in 19.2 miles in 1hr 27mins with 750ft of climbing, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 


















No comments:

Post a Comment