21 April 2024

Durham Village local road route on the Creo 1 road bike

 


Yesterday we had a look through to the Bishop Auckland food festival and they had some cracking weather for a change. It was busy early on as we always go for 10am. After a few goodies was bought we finished off the rest of our shopping in the town and headed home. Jobs in the garden / outside for the rest of the day. 
Last night I looked out my Creo road bike and got it ready for a spin this morning. There was a very brief sun rise this morning but soon clouded over again. It was really nippy with the Garmin reading just over 2 degrees and a stiff breeze in places. The roads were lovely and quite early on and no close passes today. I was going to extend my route by adding the extra loop over to Easington Lane / Hetton but my legs were not feeling it. I was struggling on the hills but kept my head down. There was loads of temporary road works and all the traffic lights were on red. Also all the traffic lights coming down through Gilesgate and Durham were also all on red so very stop / start on the return leg. 
All in just under 31.5miles in 2hrs 3min with just under 2000ft of climbing. Enjoy the few snaps below and hopefully more soon-  






Sun came out again at Kelloe but did not last long






No comments:

Post a Comment