7 April 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - Cannondale KNURLCORK BAR TAPE (Blue)

 


If you have followed my blog over the years you will know that I have Cannondale bar tape fitted to most of my drop bar bikes. Cannondale used to have several different models and the one I loved was called Synapse but a good few years ago they discontinued this model. They have serval new models but still cannot find the exact tape that was called Synapse. 
I bought this cork tape for my Creo 1 gravel bike thinking the blue would match the frame but it is far too bright but has faded down a little with use over the last three months or so. The feel is ok but not as thick as the older Synapse. It has just enough stretch to fit to curved bars but I tend to find the edges can tear easily. The feel of the surface / grip of the tape is spot on and not had any problems with gloves on during rain, snow and dry. 
I have the same model of tape on my Creo 1 road bike in red and that is a bugger to keep clean and I now cannot get the black marks off it. As ever shop around for a deal as the rrp is a the steep side for a basic bar tape. 

RRP £18 and I paid £8.31 inc 48hr p&p from Sigma Sports 

Manufacturers blurb - 

More comfort, more control.

Lightweight EVA foam and cork combine with a contemporary knurled texture twist – offering a stylish, comfortable, and durable finish to your bike.

Where it thrives

The open road, gravel roads

What it's built for

Grip, durability

Highlights

  • Comfortable, lightweight EVA foam absorbs road-buzz and feels great
  • Natural cork elements and debossed knurled pattern for better grip in all conditions / Includes: 2x tape rolls, lever strips, bar end-plugs, and finishing strips
  • Thickness: 2.7mm, length: 200cm, weight: 82g











No comments:

Post a Comment