6 April 2024

A very windy and flooded ride up to Consett & the Waskerley Way

 


I was back to work this week and it was catch up time after my holidays. No spare time for cycling or anything else to be honest. 
We have had some horrendous rain through the night / early morning with local flooding so it was probably not a good idea to go off road in any way shape or form. I joined onto the old railway line at Langley Park and headed for Consett. The sun was in and out but the wind was unreal. I had a massive headwind all the way up which was not pleasant mixed in with the massive freezing cold puddles. On the plus side the temperature has gone through the room for some reason. I turned left at the smelter truck and up the Waskerley way until I could not take any more headwind. It was mainly quiet but quiet a few walkers and dog walkers out,  not many other cyclists. Below are a few snaps from the ride. All in 25 miles with 1100ft of climbing in 1hr 56min. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment