23 April 2024

Out n back on the C2C in a right old mixed bag of weather

 


I did not manage to get out yesterday as it was near continuous rain all day here in Durham. The forecast was looking dry for today so drove over to Stella Gill to pick up the old railway line, C2C and headed to Cosnett. It was overcast, cloudy and under three degrees. On the plus side I had a canny strong tail wind blowing me all the way up. By the time I reached the other side of Consett the sun came out and the temperature shot up making it much more pleasant ride. I went straight on at the crossroads and turned at Whitehall picnic area. It was still sunny and was heading mainly downhill but had the strong headwind now. I just reached Greencroft and the heavens opened and the temperature plummeted again. The last five miles was flat out into the driving rain and freezing cold. There was very few others out so had some lovely long stretches of track to build up some speed. By the time I got back to my van it had stopped raining again. I was wet and cold at this point so called it a day. All in 30 miles in 2hrs 13mins, ave 13.5mph with 1200ft of climbing. 
I called in past BMW Building Products for a price on a couple of windows and a doorset. It has been a while since I have bought any upvc windows or composite doorsets, no doubt the prices have gone through the roof! 
































No comments:

Post a Comment