17 April 2024

A very windy and cold but sunny ride down to Durham and Maiden Castle - Trek Marlin+ emtb


After a busy weekend I opted to go for a jog on Monday as the forecast was not looking too good but it turned out dry and sunny. The only problem was I had 40mph gusting winds and it felt freezing cold. My last run was on 8th Oct 2023 and have not done any form of running since. This was going to be killer and it was. I set away and was mainly downhill with a headwind. After 2.5k I turned and headed back up hill with a tailwind. My legs and lungs were on fire but got to start somewhere again. finished the 5k in 38.44mins! I need to break in my new trainers and get back on it again. 
Yesterday was a rest day and this morning I was starting work later so took the Trek Marlin+ emtb out for a spin down to Durham, Maiden Castle, The Trod, The Sands and back home to try and loosen my legs up. It was early doors and Durham was lovely and quiet with very few people out n about. It was lovely and sunny but windy again. The Garmin just managed to get over 2 degrees on the way home! The wind must be drying out the trails as the puddles have mainly gone and the top is drier in places. I did not venture through Houghall woods though. All in 15 miles in 1hr 13 mins with 750ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 













No comments:

Post a Comment