2 October 2023

Trek Marlin+ 8 E Mtb Hardtail - First trail centre outing - Hamsterley Forest

 


Yes I am back at Hamsterley Forest for another ride. This time it is the first outing for the Trek Marlin+ e mtb at a trail centre. As it is the first time the bike has had a shake down on some proper singletrack trails I did not venue too far "out the back" or "over the moors" and kept within the central forest / valley area. The weather was dry and no wind but it was freezing cold and very wet and muddy under tyre with the heavy overnight rain. I started off going out on the black route then mixed it up a little and joined on to the red back to the visitors centre. The bike felt ok and took the first few sections steady but built up some speed later on, on the more flowing / smother red sections. I might fit some riser bars as the front end feels too low. As I expected the 400w battery drained quickly compared to the Cube but I did have it in Auto nearly all the way around. I covered just under 15 miles with 2100ft of climbing and had 18% left when I finished the ride. The stock tyres are very good apart from the rear did not like dry muddy silty puddles for some reason. I probably had too much psi in them. I will also look into increasing the travel on my Fox forks from 100mm to 120mm to lift the front end up. Below are some rather damp, wet and muddy photos from the ride. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 
























No comments:

Post a Comment