22 October 2023

Rough with a second man flu but managed a local road ride around the hills of Edmondsley / Moorsley

 


Well at the beginning of week I thought I was getting better and the man flu was on the way out but not sure if I have caught a different man flu but I have been dog rough again for days now. Also the storm we had I would not put a dog out in it but mid yesterday morning it stopped raining and the wind died down and the sun even come out yesterday afternoon. 
Today we had our third frost of the year so decided to drag my sorry arse out for a spin on the road creo. I am still suffering from man flu but had to make the effort to get a few miles in as we had a beautiful sun rise. I planned on just keeping it local so if I was dyeing I could just turn and head back. The more miles I was getting in the more I was feeling better, not sure if it was because I have not been out on the bike since Monday. I got a few climbs in at a very steady pace. I kept adding more and more sections onto the route and ended up doing 31.5 miles. Only one very close pass today so not too bad. DCC had no gritters / salt out but Sunderland Council had their roads gritted. All in it took me 2hrs 6mins with just under 2000ft of climbing and an average speed of 15mph, which I am shocked at considering how I feel. I washed both my Creo's when I got back, dried them and charged the road one up and all is well on the bike front. Enjoy a couple of snaps below and hopefully more soon- 









No comments:

Post a Comment